Camera Tek PTY Ltd
Camera Tek has branches in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban.
Orders can be placed online or directly with one of our staff members.
Customers can choose to collect from any of our branches or to select the courier option at a fee.
Payment can be made by credit card or EFT.
Credit cards are only charged once the ordered is ready to be dispatched.
For EFT payments, goods will only be released once funds have cleared in the bank account.
Once payment is received we will do our best to get the order delivered to you within 2-3 working days if you are based in a main centre.
Orders to outlying areas could take up to 3-5 working days to be delivered.
Orders will be dispatched from Monday to Friday between 8am and 4.30pm. No orders are sent over weekends and public holidays.
If for any reason stock is not immediately available clients will be advised and given the option of a delayed delivery or a refund.
Customers can choose to collect at one of our branches or to select the courier option at a fee.
Camera Tek offers delivery on all orders to most places in South Africa at a fee.
Shipping is only done to a physical address within the borders of South Africa.
We do not ship out of South Africa.
Courier is normally within 1-3 working days to main centres and 3-5 working days to outlying areas. Larger parcels can take slightly longer as they are normally sent via road transport.
Orders are dispatched from Monday to Friday between 8am and 4.30pm. No orders are sent over weekends and holidays.
Items shipped are insured whilst in transit with the courier company to you.
Camera Tek will do it’s best to make sure that your order is delivered within the time frame specified, however please note that these are estimates and could change.
All new items sold by Camera Tek come with the manufacturer’s warranty. Any physical or liquid damage is not covered by the warranty.
All refurb / demo items sold by Camera Tek come with a Camera Tek warranty. Please refer to “FORMS” page on website for full details of Camera Tek warranty information.
Returns and Refunds
If an order is placed and paid for and we do not have the item in stock, the customer will be given the option of a delayed delivery or a full refund.
Brand new goods being returned because of a change of mind:
Product must be in original packaging and condition and may not have been used at all, the return is done at the expense of the customer who will also cover all courier fees involved, for an exchange of goods the customer is liable for all courier fees involved, and must be returned with a copy of original tax invoice. If goods are returned before 10 working days have lapsed from purchase date then no handling fee will be levied besides courier fees as applicable. If goods are returned after 10 working days from date of purchase then a handling fee may be levied and courier fee charges will be applicable.
New goods being returned because they are faulty:
If a new product bought is found to be defective within the first 6 months from purchase date, it will be repaired, replaced or refunded. This can only be done once goods have been returned to, and inspected by the manufacturer. This may take up to 10 working days.
If a new product is bought and found to be defective after the 6 month period from date of purchase but still within the manufacturer warranty, then the goods will be returned to the manufacturer for inspection and determination on whether goods will be repaired, replaced or refunded.
Out of warranty goods being returned because they are faulty:
If the goods go faulty after the warranty period has expired then the goods can be returned to us and we will assist in getting the goods sent to the manufacturer or their agents repair facility for a quote. There may be a fee for this. More details on costs can be made available if requested.
New goods being returned will be dealt with in terms of each manufacturer’s warranty policy and in terms of the Consumer Protection Act.
If a refund has been approved then it can be processed in the following ways:
Camera Tek store voucher, EFT directly into customer bank account, cash by special request, reversal back to your credit card subject to banking delays.
Payments can be made via Master and Visa credit cards, cash or EFT directly to our bank account.
Please note that we do not accept Diners and American Express cards.
Whilst Camera Tek will take every precaution to make sure that the website is up to date and accurate we will not be held responsible for any errors in descriptions or pricing that may occur. We can also not guarantee that an item on the website will be in stock as there is a time delay between an order being placed and an item being removed from the site. Clients will be notified if an item is not available or if there is a price adjustment and will be given the option of a refund.
Terms and Conditions
2. Our Service.
Our web site and services provided to you on and through our web site on an "AS IS" basis. You agree that the owners of this web site exclusively reserve the right and may, at any time and without notice and any liability to you, modify or discontinue this web site and its services or delete the data you provide, whether temporarily or permanently. We shall have no responsibility or liability for the timeliness, deletion, failure to store, inaccuracy, or improper delivery of any data or information.
3. Your Responsibilities and Registration Obligations.
5. Registration and Password. You are responsible to maintain the confidentiality of your password and shall be responsible for all uses via your registration and/or login, whether authorized or unauthorized by you. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use or your registration, user account or password.
6. Your Conduct.
You agree that our web site may expose you to Content that may be objectionable or offensive. We shall not be responsible to you in any way for the Content that appears on this web site nor for any error or omission.
You explicitly agree, in using this web site or any service provided, that you shall not:
(a) provide any Content or perform any conduct that may be unlawful, illegal, threatening, harmful, abusive, harassing, stalking, tortious, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene, offensive, objectionable, pornographic, designed to or does interfere or interrupt this web site or any service provided, infected with a virus or other destructive or deleterious programming routine, give rise to civil or criminal liability, or which may violate an applicable local, national or international law;
(b) impersonate or misrepresent your association with any person or entity, or forge or otherwise seek to conceal or misrepresent the origin of any Content provided by you;
(c) collect or harvest any data about other users;
(d) provide or use this web site and any Content or service in any commercial manner or in any manner that would involve junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of unauthorized advertising without our prior written consent;
(e) provide any Content that may give rise to our civil or criminal liability or which may constitute or be considered a violation of any local, national or international law, including but not limited to laws relating to copyright, trademark, patent, or trade secrets.
7. Third Party Services.
Goods and services of third parties may be advertised and/or made available on or through this web site. Representations made regarding products and services provided by third parties are governed by the policies and representations made by these third parties. We shall not be liable for or responsible in any manner for any of your dealings or interaction with third parties.
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE AND ANY SERVICES OR CONTENT PROVIDED (THE "SERVICE") IS MADE AVAILABLE AND PROVIDED TO YOU AT YOUR OWN RISK. IT IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" AND WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, IMPLIED OR EXPRESS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY, IMPLIED OR EXPRESS, THAT ANY PART OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, VIRUS-FREE, TIMELY, SECURE, ACCURATE, RELIABLE, OF ANY QUALITY, NOR THAT ANY CONTENT IS SAFE IN ANY MANNER FOR DOWNLOAD. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT NEITHER US NOR ANY PARTICIPANT IN THE SERVICE PROVIDES PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OF ANY KIND AND THAT USE OF SUCH ADVICE OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND WITHOUT OUR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND. Some jurisdictions may not allow disclaimers of implied warranties and the above disclaimer may not apply to you only as it relates to implied warranties.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF (I) THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, (II) THE COST TO OBTAIN SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND/OR SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY TRANSACTION ENTERED INTO ON THROUGH THE SERVICE, (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR DATA TRANSMISSIONS, (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE, OR (V) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE. In some jurisdictions, it is not permitted to limit liability and therefore such limitations may not apply to you.
11. Reservation of Rights. We reserve all of our rights, including but not limited to any and all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, and any other proprietary right that we may have in our web site, its content, and the goods and services that may be provided. The use of our rights and property requires our prior written consent. We are not providing you with any implied or express licenses or rights by making services available to you and you will have no rights to make any commercial uses of our web site or service without our prior written consent.
12. Notification of Copyright Infringement. If you believe that your property has been used in any way that would be considered copyright infringement or a violation of your intellectual property rights, our copyright agent may be contacted at the following address:
Click to contact our webmaster
13. Applicable Law.
By continuing to browse or otherwise accessing the web site, you signal acceptance of the terms and disclaimer set out above. If you do not accept any of these terms, leave this Web Site now.